Both are fantasists who've sold zillions of books, but in a recent poll of American children, the classic wins out: Dr. Seuss' works are more popular than JK Rowling's. Three million-plus kids weighed in on an educational software company's website, and Rowling's Harry Potter books trail works by EB White, Judy Blume, and Harper Lee, among others, the Washington Post reports.
The report lists the top books read by kids from kindergarten through 12th grade. The first five:
- Grade 1: Green Eggs and Ham, Dr. Seuss
- Grade 2: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Laura Numeroff
- Grade 3: Charlotte's Web, EB White
- Grade 4: Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Judy Blume
- Grade 5: Bridge to Terabithia, Katherine Paterson
For more information, click the link below.