Even dramas and spy movies can turn into disaster flicks, either during or after the final wrap. The Los Angeles Times takes a close look at 9 accursed movies.
- Quantum of Solace: Anything but peaceful, the disaster tally included one lake-submerged Aston Martin, one stabbed technician, and a totaled Alfa Romero. Is it the work of SPECTRE?
- Poltergeist: A spooky film turned deadly for a pair of young actors. One murdered by a jealous boyfriend, the other died from Crohn’s disease during a sequel.
- Superman: The murder of George Reeves and the paralyzing accident of Christopher Reeve are just the tip of the Kryptonite.
- The Misfits: Those who starred faded not long after the film’s production: Clark Gable died 11 days later; Marilyn Monroe’s drug overdose claimed her in 1962; and co-star Montgomery Clift succumbed to his drug habit in 1966.
- The Man Who Killed Don Quixote: A flash flood washed away the set; Don Quixote had to be airlifted to a hospital; and insurers left in droves after Johnny Depp’s departure.
Click the link below for more cursed pics.