Nobody knows what Hillary Clinton will do if she's not the Democratic nominee, but Politico's John F. Harris and Jonathan Martin list five reasons she shouldn't be Barack Obama’s VP:
- Clinton’s rep as a Washington insider will undercut Obama’s cool factor.
- Who says Clinton would take the job anyway? Her pride and contempt for Obama’s readiness may make a post as Senate Majority Leader seem more attractive.
- Clinton and Obama reinforce each other’s vulnerabilities, thus alienating voters. Hilllary haters and Rev. Wright bashers could team up.
- Obama-Clinton could actually win—a potentially scary prospect for Obama. Does he really want a fierce rival breathing down his neck for years?
- Americans may want change, but not too much of it. The first black president will need a white male with strong national security credentials.