With airlines charging more for extra bags, the trick is to fly light. A packing guru offers these tips for stuffing it all in one bag, NPR reports:
- Make a no-frills list, and stick to it (see onebag.com for ideas).
- Don't let any space go unused (stuff things into shoes, for example).
- Wrap clothes in bundles: Instead of folding a shirt and stuffing it in, lay it out flat, put a few other clothes on top, and wrap the sleeves around it.
- Never bring more than two pairs of shoes. For women, low heels and dressy sandals should cover all the bases.
- Be ruthless: Chances are, the queen will not be inviting you to dinner.