It’s heading for general election time, and Adam Reilly of the Boston Phoenix wants the press to wake up and start laying in to McCain. Here’s how:
- The economy. McCain reportedly said he “doesn’t really understand economics” in January. Has he boned up since then?
- Islam. The candidate doesn’t seem to understand the difference between Sunni and Shia, and has said he’d tell the sects to “stop the bullshit.”
- Money and politics. Is he a hypocrite on his signature issue?
- His pastors. Mac hasn’t had to disown Parsley, Hagee, or Falwell. Does he agree with their views?
- Misogyny. He’s made off-color jokes about Chelsea Clinton and Janet Reno, and reportedly used the C-word to describe his wife. What gives?
- His age. Is McCain fit to serve? Doctors are withholding his records.
- Iran. Will the GOPer act unilaterally against Teheran?
- Global warming. If the issue is such a priority, how will he justify appointing conservative judges?
- Pork. While he was chair, the Commerce Committee set unauthorized appropriations records.
- Character. He left his ex-wife when she needed him and has been crude about the Vietnamese.