Iceland is the world's most peaceful nation, says a new ranking of 140 countries, Reuters reports. Other findings of the Global Peace Index:
- The US ranked 97th, below Libya, Cuba, Chile, and Belarus.
- Iraq finished last, edging out Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan, and Israel.
- Among G8 countries, Japan was 5th, Canada 11th, Germany 14th, Italy 28th, France 36th, Britain 49th, and Russia 131st.
- Rebutted a rep at the US State Department, “Often times, you have to do difficult things and a lot of times, people don't agree with them. They don't like them.”
- Overall, global scores were slightly improved on crime, political instability, and the potential for terrorism.