Mark Halperin runs down what Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton aren’t counting on the day after the nomination was secured:
- How intensely Clintonites feel about Hillary.
- Delaying his VP pick will only exacerbate the Obama-Clinton scrutiny.
- The sensitivity of the former first couple.
- The intense scrutiny he'll now face.
- How much distaste Camp McCain has for him.
- How the GOP has been waiting for this moment.
- How November will be about challenges facing the next prez.
- How big the comedown will be after dropping out.
- Obama really doesn’t want to be attached to her.
- How soon top staff will revolt if she doesn't drop out.
- How much she’ll be criticized if she doesn’t do battle for Obama.
- How much the press corps hates her.
- The extent to which her female supporters have martyred her.
- How hard it is to be Ted Kennedy—not Bob Dole.