Comedy Central funnyman Stephen Colbert snatched a prestigious Peabody media award at last night's ceremony hosted by CBS correspondent Lesley Stahl. She stepped in to replace Brian Williams, who opted to spend time with NBC colleagues after Tim Russert's death. Colbert displayed his usual deadpan style, comparing his staff to a "barium enema" for injecting themselves into stories to flush out "truthiness." Other recipients included:
- Bob Woodruff, ABC News, "Wounds of War."
- John Carlin, WSLS Roanoke, "The First 48 Hours."
- Heidi Klum, Bravo, Project Runway.
- Scott Pelley, CBS 60 Minutes, "The Killings in Haditha."
- Kimberly Dozier, CBS Sunday Morning, "The Way Home."