A great pleasure of this wide world of ours is the multiplicity of cultures and customs. That diversity can also get you into a heap of trouble. So, when traveling, here’s what not to do, and where not to do it, from Travel and Leisure.
- Touching: Too intimate in Asia. And steer clear of that baby’s head in Thailand!
- Eating with the left hand: a no-no in Africa. That hand’s for wiping.
- Refusing a lei: akin to slapping a Hawaiian in the face.
- Doffing shoes at the door: Do it in Asia. Don’t where it would be weird.
- Not looking a German in the eye when toasting: ‘nuff said.
- Talking: Don’t do it over dinner in some African nations. Or in a Finnish sauna.
For the complete list, click the link below.