A full day after the blogosphere was lit up over Carly Fiorina’s decidedly un-conservative suggestion that health insurers should cover birth control, John McCain still had no comment when asked about it, the Wall Street Journal reports. And a decidedly awkward no-comment, at that:
- McCain: “I certainly do not want to discuss that issue."
- Reporter: “But apparently you’ve voted against—“
- Mac: “I don’t know what I voted.” Then confronted with his nay on mandating coverage, “I’ve cast thousands of votes…I will respond to—it’s a, it’s a…”
- Reporter: “Delicate issue.”
- Mac: “I don’t usually duck an issue, but I’m—I’ll try to get back to you.”