Recipients of the VP vetting process are shifting their positions (and their stylists), Politico reports. Here are some examples:
- Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty has ditched a less-than-leaderly mullet, opting instead for a short hairstyle.
- Florida's Charlie Crist has spun 180 degrees into the offshore drilling camp, matching John McCain’s switch; he also got engaged, ending a storied bachelorhood.
- Former Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge has backed off his pro-choice stance, saying he’d support the president’s position as no. 2.
- South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, more known for his fiscal conservatism, approved Christian "I believe" license plates and made it law that abortion-seekers be offered ultra-sounds.
- Sam Nunn, instrumental in creating “Don’t ask, don’t tell,” acknowledged that “times change” and says the policy might need updating.