The maybe-not-as-retired-as-we-thought Brett Favre has asked the Green Bay Packers to release him from his contract so he can play elsewhere. It's far from certain the Packers will agree, but USA Today runs down 10 places he could go:
- Baltimore Ravens: Favre's agent has placed players there before.
- Buffalo Bills: Wintry weather? Fervent fans? Sounds like home.
- Carolina Panthers: If Delhomme falters, Favre could step in.
- Chicago Bears: Maybe, but a Super Bowl is unlikely.
- Detroit Lions: A chance at a ring, and two cracks at the Packers.
- Houston Texans: Some buddies, and near Favre's Mississippi home.
- Minnesota Vikings: Interesting; strong team, and offensive coach is a friend.
- New York Jets: They tried to draft him in 1991, so...
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: A good, young offense could support Favre's ambitions.
- Washington Redskins: A familiar playbook and a spend-happy owner.