If it looks too good to be true, it might be. Counterfeit goods are no stranger to sites as mainstream as eBay, so you'll want to take a few precautions to avoid forking it over for a fake. Forbes outlines tips for a safe and reliable e-shopping spree.
- Know what to look for: Before purchasing a pricey purse item, read a corresponding authenticity guide. Written by legitimate sellers, you'll learn what to look for, from genuine monogram placement to label fonts.
- Beware of volume: Dependable sellers don't have a large amount of the same item, so browse the rest of the seller's items or online store.
- Ask away: Contact the seller with any questions before purchasing an especially expensive product. If the seller is reliable, he/she will be happy to provide more info.
- Look for Power Sellers: Shoot to buy from those with 98% positive feedback or better over a long period of time.
- Go with your gut: If something about the item or the seller feels sketchy, avoid it.
Click the link below for more tips.