A new AP/Yahoo poll shows a bounty of enthusiasm for Barack Obama and a deficit for John McCain, the Boston Globe reports. Some key stats:
- 38% of the Democrat’s supporters are excited by the election, while only 9% of the Republican's are.
- Among Obama supporters, 16% say they could still change their pick, while 24% of McCain-backers say so.
- Liberals are three times more likely than conservatives to be more excited than they were last fall. 19% of conservatives feel more helpless, compared to just 9% of liberals.
- Only 21% of independents say the election is interesting, down from 31% in November.
- Only 12% of former Hillary Clinton-backers say they're excited about the race.