Biologists have mounting evidence that human activity is causing real damage to the natural world. LiveScience lists overlooked indications that things are seriously out of whack.
- Earlier migration: Several bird species are getting their timing wrong.
- Jellyfish rule: The creatures are hitching rides on ships.
- Food web contamination: Toxic pollutants are present in nine deep-sea species of cephalopods
- Heading for the hills: Reptiles and amphibians have fled to cooler climates, and extinction threatens as they run out of higher ground to colonize.
- Penguins in peril: A dangerous combination of factors threatens the sea birds.
To see the complete list, click the link below.