The health benefits of sleep are well-documented, but catching Zs isn't so easy in a society all about hard work and an active lifestyle. Forbes runs down some reasons Americans aren't getting enough quality time with their pillows.
- Marital problems: A bad marriage makes for poor shut-eye. Happy wives fell asleep easier and have a more restful slumber, according to one study.
- Your baby: Teaching your wee ones to sleep alone will improve your slumber as well as theirs.
- Anxiety: Health concerns, especially thoughts about cancer, cause stress and keep you from a peaceful rest.
- The estrogen factor: Women have more sleep issues than men mostly due to hormonal changes during pregnancy, period, or menopause.
- Living like a rock star: High alcohol intake, a late dinner, or a strenuous workout can affect your sleeping patterns.
- Napping: Even if you stayed up late last night, afternoon naps will only cause further insomnia and frustration.
Click the link below for the full list.