The NFL is in the midst of a turbulent off-season, even if you ignore the Brett Favre and Chad Johnson sagas. ESPN’s John Clayton breaks down the other top distractions as training camp nears:
- With NFL Europe gone but the 80-man roster still in place, teams will have trouble finding enough healthy bodies for training camp.
- The New York Jets must decide whether or not to move an unhappy Chris Baker.
- Jacksonville may need to keep receiver Matt Jones despite his off-field issues.
- Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jason Peters wants a new deal in Buffalo; the Bills need him badly.
- Chicago still hasn’t dealt with linebacker Brian Urlacher’s demands for more money.
- Tight end Jeremy Shockey isn’t happy with his role with the New York Giants.
- Raiders coach Lane Kiffin, with some shiny new toys, must win now.
- Two key Eagles—running back Brian Westbrook and cornerback Lito Sheppard—are unhappy and could disrupt camp.
- The Cowboys might have to cut receiver Terry Glenn, who intends to play despite needing surgery.