A tough economy may be sending album sales toward a fourth straight year of decline, but tour sales are keeping pace with last year at the midway point, reports Rolling Stone. Here's a look at both categories.
The top-selling albums so far:
- Lil Wayne, Tha Carter III, 1.52 million
- Jack Johnson, Sleep Through Static, 1.25 million
- Mariah Carey, E=MC2, 1.06 million
- Alicia Keys, As I Am, 986,000
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida, 971,000
The top-selling tours of the year:
- Bon Jovi, $56.3 million
- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, $40.8 million
- Van Halen, $36.8 million
- Kanye West, $31.6 million
- Jay-Z/Mary J. Blige, $30.7 million
For the complete lists, click on the link.