If your impression of minor league baseball is still Bull Durham-era, Forbes has an update for you. Gone are dirt-poor players traveling to low-tech stadiums on creaky buses: The top 20 teams are worth an average $21.2 million each, and they pulled in $9.8 million per team last season, of which 49% came from ticket sales.
The top 5 teams by franchise value:
- The Sacramento River Cats, worth $29.8 million.
- The Memphis Redbirds, worth $26.1 million.
- The Frisco (Texas) Rough Riders, worth $24.6 million.
- The Round Rock (Texas) Express, worth $24.2 million.
- The Indianapolis Indians, worth $22.2 million (and publicly traded under the symbol INDN).
For the complete list, follow the link below.