Famous for its arts festivals and home to a large college population, Austin, Texas, takes top honors as America’s hardest-drinking city, reports Forbes in its distillation of behavioral data from the CDC. Here are the top 5:
- Austin—1 in 5 admit to binge drinking, and 9% of men have two drinks a day.
- Milwaukee—70% cop to having had a drink in the last month.
- San Francisco—20% have indulged in five drinks or more on one occasion.
- Providence, R.I.—64% have had at least one drink in the last month; women who drink daily: 6.3%.
- Chicago—62% drink once a month, 20.4% admit to binge drinking.
Belly up to the rest here: