Some of today's brightest stars nearly landed iconic TV roles, but didn't for better or worse. Author Eila Mell reveals a few near-misses to the New York Post:
- Harrison Ford turned down the part of "Meathead" in All in the Family.
- Mickey Rooney also passed on bigot Archie Bunker.
- Rosie O'Donnell was almost cast on Seinfeld as neighbor Elaine.
- Whitney Houston might have been Denise Huxtable on The Cosby Show.
- Rachel Dratch played Jenna Maroney in the 30 Rock pilot, but was later replaced.
- Jenna Fischer auditioned for Alias before becoming Pam on The Office.
- Leonardo DiCaprio could have made waves as David Hasselhoff's Baywatch son.
- Nancy McKeon from The Facts of Life wanted Courteney Cox's role on Friends.