The public mostly agrees with the Democratic agenda—it’s overwhelmingly pro-choice, anti-war and pro-environment. Yet those amazing Democrats find ways to lose elections. In an excerpt from his new book, Mike’s Election Guide, filmmaker Michael Moore explains how Barack Obama can repeat this incredible feat in six easy steps:
- Keep saying nice things about John McCain: Eventually, people will believe you.
- Pick a conservative running mate: Only pundits are dumb enough to think VPs attract specific voting blocs.
- Keep sounding hawkish: Soon, no one will be able to tell the difference between Obama and McCain.
- “Fix” the “Michelle problem”: Michelle Obama doesn't have a problem. She's the kind of woman who should help win the women voters Obama needs.
- Show up to a gunfight with a peashooter: The Republicans will not play nice. Don’t roll over.
- Denounce me!: They’ll ask you to denounce the far left. Do it, and the far left might take you seriously.