A glance at this year's Mindset List, from Wisconsin's Beloit College, provides a glance into the facts of life for the 18-year-olds beginning their freshman year in college. Via the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
- Harry Potter, created in 1990, is old enough to be a fellow freshman.
- GPS navigation systems are about as standard in cars as the steering wheel.
- Gas stations fixing flat tires? Unlikely. But they're almost certainly serving cappuccinos.
- Martha Stewart Living has always been the go-to guide for home style.
- Gay rabbis have always been around.
- Wayne Newton never sported a mustache.
- Jay Leno has always helmed The Tonight Show.
- Soda bottles have always been made out of plastic (except for those retro glass versions).