With The House Bunny hitting theaters, Entertainment Weekly looks back at history’s greatest films with Playboy connections:
- The Asphalt Jungle: Marilyn Monroe debuted here a couple years before gracing Playboy’s first cover.
- Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!: Directed by Russ Meyer, the Playboy photographer sometimes called “King Leer.”
- Macbeth: Roman Polanski and Hugh Hefner’s friendship ended over this Playboy-produced adaptation.
- History of the World: Part I: Hefner cameos as an Ancient Roman version of himself.
- They All Laughed: Then-playmate of the year Dorothy Stratten co-starred, but was murdered before the film came out.
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High: Was based on a book first excerpted in Playboy.
- Star 80: A biopic about Stratten.
- A Bunny’s Tale: Made-for-TV movie about a feminist going undercover as a playmate.
- Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley infiltrates the mansion.
- Scary Movie 4: Stars House Bunny’s Anna Faris and other playmates.
- Iron Man: Stan Lee cameos dressed as Hef.