The newly announced Obama/Biden ticket predictably dominated the talk shows today. Politico gives the run-down:
- Obama VP adviser Caroline Kennedy told Meet the Press she hoped Joe Biden would prove to be as sage a pick as her father's choice of LBJ.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi turned Biden's rep for gaffes into a snipe at Bush on NBC, saying Obama "is not just choosing a yes man, but a person that will speak what he believes.”
- ABC's This Week replayed an Obama gaffe where he introduces Biden as the next president, but an Obama strategist said the GOP is using the clip to distract from John McCain's real-estate slip.
- Fox News Sunday and ABC both addressed Clinton supporters' shaky support for Obama, but Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter said the convention would be "a unifying time for the ticket."
- Rudy Giuliani called Obama's pick weak: "The strong choice would have been Hillary Clinton," he told ABC's This Week.