A whopping 15,000 journalists arrived in Denver to cover the Democratic National Convention. The Columbia Journalism Review sent Justin Peters to find out what they're doing:
- 7,500 mostly mill about: "Only a small number of reporters actually have a reason to be here."
- 2, 294 pace the parking lot, "mournfully wandering around like Diogenes, looking for stories."
- 1,026 get drunk.
- 500 beg for credentials: "It’s Denver’s answer to the Island of Misfit Toys."
- 62 get massages.
- 7 take photos with rum mascot Captain Morgan.
- 1 tries to land an interview with both Morgan and "Democratic legend" Ted Sorenson: "That person is me, and, in this, I am a failure."
Follow the link below to see what the rest are up to.