Sure, every state has some bizarre laws on the books, but Illinois might take the cake for the oddest. Some highlights from WBBM-TV's compilation of the most perplexing:
- In Chicago, it is illegal to eat in a burning building.
- In Eureka, a man with a mustache is prohibited from kissing women.
- Evanston: No bowling allowed.
- Saving untold lives, Urbana has legislation against monsters entering the city limits.
- In Chicago, it is illegal to give your dog whiskey. Martinis are still OK, apparently.
- English is strictly forbidden in Illinois—only American may be spoken.
- To the chagrin of fine-art enthusiasts statewide, it is illegal to give a lit cigar to your pet.