Parade's annual list of the 30 most generous celebrities is out, and among the best philanthropists are:
- Oprah Winfrey: $50.2 million for education, women and children's advocacy.
- Herb Alpert: $13 million for music education.
- Barbra Streisand: $11 million for the environment, women's issues, AIDS research.
- Paul Newman: $10 million for scholarships to alma mater Kenyon College.
- Mel Gibson: $9,899,654 for his Holy Family Church.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt: $8.4 million for New Orleans reconstruction, refugee aid.
Lance Armstrong and Michael Jordan each gave $5 million; Rush Limbaugh donated $4.2 million; Rosie O'Donnell gave $3,515,512, followed by Jerry Seinfeld at $3 million and Hugh Hefner and Dan Rather at $2 million each.