Destroying life on earth is one thing; obliterating the planet entirely is quite another. Bring out your inner supervillain with any of these 10 strategies.
- Hurl the earth into the sun.
- Release a Von Neumann machine beneath the earth's crust.
- Smash something large (such as Mars) into the earth.
- Eject large chunks of earth into space until the whole thing's gone.
- Maneuver the earth into a giant black hole, a la The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Extract the vacuum energy in a single light bulb into a power plant and use it to explode the galaxy. Some research required.
- Produce 2,500,000,000,000 tons of antimatter with a particle accelerator and create an explosive matter/antimatter reaction.
- Place a microscopic black hole on the ground and wait for it to devour the planet.
- Keep a strangelet stable until it creates strange quarks where the earth used to be.
- Total existence failure: Just wait.