You can replace your most over-hyped devices with the tech world's top 10 wallflowers, compiled by PC World. Start with the iPhone:
- Stop stubbing your fingers on Apple's impractical keyboard interface. Sidekick offers the best QWERTY around.
- Nintendo Wii is hard to find and offers few good games. Sony PlayStation Portable packs new titles with Skype, online radio, and uploadable movies.
- The ceiling on mini-notebooks is text and email. Lenovo's X61 ultra-portable laptop handles all of your computing needs for $1,000.
- iTunes overcharges for music "that's locked down in DRM hell." Try affordable streaming services like Slacker and Pandora instead.
- If you're on Facebook, wasting time with empty applications and games, try controlling your social life with Multiply.com's smart feeds.
Learn more about technology's ugly ducklings by clicking the link below.