Baby is back, but her teen spirit never really left us. With the stage version of Dirty Dancing already a hit in London and starting a US tour this weekend, the Chicago Tribune runs down 10 reasons why fans are still having the time of their lives.
- It features "dirty" dancing. It's a how-to on having sex with your clothes on.
- It made Keds cool. Even Dancing With the Stars novices don't get to wear gym shoes.
- The theme song sticks. (I've Had) the Time of My Life won an Oscar and the BBC says it's the "third most popular song played at funerals" in the UK.
- The dialog rocks. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" made the American Film Institute's list of top-100 movie quotes.
- It was Star Wars for girls. One TV poll ranks Dirty Dancing as the most-watched film by women, over Grease and Pretty Woman.
For the full list, click here.