E! Online published a list of high-profile tributes in remembrance of Paul Newman's death Friday. Here are some highlights:
- "He set the bar too high for the rest of us. Not just actors, but all of us." —George Clooney
- "Paul Newman was the ultimate cool guy who men wanted to be like and women adored." —Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “We will miss our dear friend, whose continued support always meant the world to us.” —Hillary & Bill Clinton
- "I have lost a real friend. My life—and this country—is better for his being in it." —Robert Redford
- “Paul Newman played many unforgettable roles. But the ones for which he was proudest never had top billing on the marquee. Devoted husband. Loving father. Adoring grandfather.” —Newman's three daughters.