Hofstra University, the host of Wednesday's final presidential debate, is busy nailing down endless details for the big event, reports Newsday. “Whatever (the campaigns) want, we do,” says university president Stuart Rabinowitz. Such as:
- They supplied each camp with replicas of the water glasses. “So they know the heft of it, I guess,” Rabinowitz said.
- They cut vents in the ceiling above the candidates to improve air flow and help them avoid a Nixon-like sweat fest.
- In addition to laying endless amounts of cable, carpet, phone lines, and TVs, crews had to muffle the air-conditioning system to satisfy TV sound crews.
- Students who live on campus are being asked to host commuter students the night before the debate to reduce traffic.
- Sports teams are playing away games.