Bambi is the best “tear-jerker” ever, the Daily Telegraph reports. An online poll puts the Disney cartoon at the top of the list, and it should be no surprise: Even Paul McCartney credits the death of Bambi’s mother for his vegetarianism. Ghost, the sentimental story of the relationship between Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, and Whoopi Goldberg, was a close second.
Some other weepies that made the list:
- The Lion King: Another Disney classic about a lost parent, it came in third.
- Titanic: Doomed lovers on a doomed ship? Pass the tissues.
- Philadelphia: Tom Hanks' star turn as an HIV-positive lawyer scored big.
- Beaches: The über-chick flick had 10% of respondents bawling.
- E.T.: A boy and his alien? The sci-fi classic shares third with The Lion King.