Enough with debates on Sarah Palin being a mommy and a vice president. A look at the best and worst fathers-in-chief, as compiled by Madeline Holler for Babble, starting with the worst:
- Thomas Jefferson only acknowledged (the white) half of the "kajillion kids" he had.
- FDR might have saved the nation, but the mama's boy fathered five kids who had 19 marriages and 15 divorces!
- The elder Bush neglected his son so much that "he took his country to war" for daddy's approval.
And the best:
- Jimmy Carter enrolled his daughter, now a low-profile activist, in DC public schools.
- Harry Truman was "oh, so fatherly" for threatening to punch his singing daughter's critic.
- Cigars aside, Bill Clinton did a heckuva job with Chelsea, a potential "future POTUS."