Everyone has friends in the office, but not everyone has a work spouse—a fellow worker of the opposite sex with whom one has a close, platonic relationship. According to Vault.com, 23% of workers say they have a work spouse. CNN collects signs that you might have one, too:
- You hit up the same co-worker for your 3pm sugar fix.
- You share a steady stream of inside jokes.
- You have no qualms about letting the other know when he or she isn't up to snuff on appearance or even hygiene.
- When something big happens in the office, guess who you go to first to talk about it?
- Cream or sugar in that coffee? No need to ask.
- You can finish each other's sentences.
- You know almost as much about each other's personal lives as your close friends and actual spouses do.
(Read more office