In NFL action, it was an exciting day for the AFC East’s No. 1 and 2, the New York Jets and the New England Patriots, the AP reports:
- Brett Favre threw two TDs and the Jets took down the Tennessee Titans 34-13, breaking their 13-game winning streak. The Jets have won five straight for the first time in more than 4 years.
- The New York Giants held off the late-surging Arizona Cardinals for a 37-29 victory, improving to 10-1. Eli Manning made 26 of 33 passes for 240 yards and no INTs, USA Today reports.
- New England and Miami swapped scores a few times, but the Pats came out on top, 48-28. Matt Cassel had his second consecutive 400-yard game for New England, connecting on 30 of 43 passes.
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb spent the second half on the bench as his team took a 36-7 beating from the Baltimore Ravens. In the first half, McNabb was 8-for-18 with a fumble and two interceptions.
- Atlanta rookie receiver Harry Douglas turned heads with a 69-yard reception and 61-yard punt return as the Falcons prevailed in a must-win game, rocking the Carolina Panthers, 45-28.
- Detroit is well on its way to a winless season after a 38-20 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccanneers. The Bucs were down by 17 points but rallied with five unanswered TDs to win.
- The Buffalo Bills took advantage of five Kansas City turnovers and scored the most points ever racked up against the Chiefs, winning 54-31.
For full game stories and more scores, click on the USA Today