Modern moms are more likely to sing their babies to sleep with pop songs than with classic lullabies, the BBC reports. For two-thirds of mothers, "Rock-a-Bye-Baby" and its ilk take a back seat to songs such as "Take That" by Patience or "I Kissed a Girl" by Kate Perry. At least, that's a what a new survey from thebabywebsite says. The main reasons: New moms thought lullabies were too old-fashioned, or they didn't know the lyrics.
Here are the most popular songs listed by moms (mostly British) in the survey, notes the New York Times:
- "Take That" by Patience
- "Angels" by Robbie Williams
- "I Kissed a Girl" by Kate Perry
- "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt
- "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley
- For the full list, click on the Times link.