With Detroit automakers making headlines on Capitol Hill, the New York Daily News offers a retrospective on the Motor City’s biggest lemons:
- Ford Edsel: A gas-guzzling marketing disaster that became a byword for failure.
- Chevy Aveo: From 0 to 60 in 11.7 seconds.
- Hummer H2: A militaristic and inefficient PR nightmare for General Motors.
- Ford Pinto: If blowing up when rear-ended is your thing, look no further.
- Chevy Corvair: The car that inspired Ralph Nader’s book Unsafe at Any Speed is also known for its combustibility.
- Plymouth Prowler: Hamstrung with a 3.5-liter V6 engine, this model prowled only in the showrooms.
For the rest of the worst, click below.