Chestnuts may still be roasting on an open fire, but that doesn’t mean you can’t refresh your Christmas playlist. The San Francisco Chronicle compiles a list of new twists on old favorites to help you give the jingle bells a rest:
- Sufjan Stevens, "That Was the Worst Christmas Ever!"
- The Pretenders, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
- Marvin Gaye, "Purple Snowflakes."
- Erran Baron Cohen—better known as Borat’s brother—modernizes old songs in "Songs in the Key of Hanukkah."
- Tony Bennett brings his inimitable “cocktail-lounge swagger” to "A Swinging Christmas."
- And leave it to Enya, in "And Winter Came," to bring “drama and weirdness” to the holidays. “Plus, it makes a great present for someone you secretly hate.”