The president-elect opined on a variety of issues with the Los Angeles Times yesterday, including how his name will be announced at inauguration (Barack Hussein Obama, as per tradition):
- Priorities: He'll start with "a serious investment" in infrastructure for "a green-energy economy."
- Centrist Cabinet: He's not retracting his liberal campaign promises, and the "proof of the pudding" will come in accomplishments.
- Selective bailouts: Regulation could have prevented the crisis, but it's no time to punish the auto industry, manufacturing's "backbone."
- Muslim world relations: He'll be "unrelenting" in building goodwill, which includes his campaign promise of speaking from an Islamic capital.
- Unions: "I want to strengthen the union movement in this country."
- Free trade: He's all for it, and cautions against drawing "a moat around the American economy."