When it comes to belting out the single of the year, Beyoncé ran (wedding) rings around the competition, says Rolling Stone, which lists its top 10:
- Beyoncé, Single Ladies: "Irresistible and exuberant."
- Santogold, LES Artistes: "New Wave guitar hook of the year."
- MGMT, Time to Pretend: "A magnificent piece of snark about acting like rock stars."
- Blitzen Trapper, Furr: "Deceptively pretty, deeply weird and nearly perfect."
- Lil Wayne, Lollipop: "Impossibly catchy."
- Beck, Gamma Ray: "Turns the threat of melting ice caps into a giddy, shimmy-shake beach party."
- Estelle featuring Kanye West, American Boy: "More proof that great R&B can help America improve its international reputation."
- My Morning Jacket, I'm Amazed: "Mammoth Southern-rock anthem."
- Coldplay, Vida la Vida: "Coldplay return, stirringly, with their secret weapon, Brian Eno."
- TI, No Matter What: "Even with a prison sentence looming, the King remains as cool as this boom-bap groove."
For songs 11-100, click below.