Politico runs down a list of some of the worst media mistakes of 2008:
- New Hampshire primary: Just about everyone predicted Hillary would lose by double digits, ending her campaign. Not even close.
- McCain-Iseman: The long-awaited New York Times story alleging an improper relationship between McCain and a lobbyist had little substance.
- John Edwards: The mainstream media ignored solid reporting by, yes, the National Enquirer of his affair. Unfortunately for Edwards, bloggers did not.
- “Terrorist fist bump” and “baby mama”: Fox News got a little carried away.
- MSNBC's shouting anchors: Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann drew criticism for their opinionated coverage of the conventions and primaries.
- ABC's Obama-Clinton debate: Half of it was trivial fluff.
To see the entire list, click the link below.