Forbes has put together its first list of the world’s most-expensive fictional homes. Including literature, video games, and Monopoly, the editors had a few ground rules—no castles, and take it easy on the country estates.
- Xanadu, $135 million: A perfect mountaintop retreat for Citizen Kane, “a tragically flawed media mogul."
- Burns Manor, $127 million: Montgomery Burns' “cartoonishly lavish” Simpsons manse includes 1,000 typing monkeys and the biggest TV set on the planet.
- Corleone Compound, $66.6 million: A Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired Godfather retreat perfect for dodging bullets. Can’t guarantee owners’ safety once they leave the fortified gates.
- Croft Manor, $46.1 million: Tomb Raider headquarters eatures a library, pool house and a maze of gardens. Sorry, Angelina Jolie not included.
- Beverly Hillbillies Mansion, $31.2 million: “Built-in gun racks and spacious kitchen specially modified for "critter-frying."
Check out the entire list at the link below.