Some stars combust and others fizzle, but a few are reborn. Metromix honors the second wave:
- The Wrestler was made for Mickey Rourke, the "one-time '80s sex symbol" turned professional boxer.
- Drug habits wrote off Robert Downey Jr. until the Iron Man returned with back-to-back hits.
- Dennis Hopper suffered Downey's blues for 15 years before re-emerging as pure evil in Blue Velvet.
- Muscle man Jean-Claude Van Damme is surprisingly heartfelt in French film JCVD, about an action star's fall from fame.
- Sly Stallone reinvented himself as a fat cop in Cop Land after Cliffhanger was anything but.
- The urban cowgirl is back in Rachel Getting Married after a disappearance so long that a documentary was named Searching for Debra Winger.
Click below to see more comebacks.