Italy? Ugly. Grand Canyon? A pain. No travel hot spot is safe after cranky readers filled Los Angeles Times inboxes with their picks for "overrated travel destinations."
- Bali: "Mosquitoes ate us up," wrote two travelers, and "there was poverty everywhere."
- Austin: "About the only thing Austin has going for it is a plethora of Tex-Mex restaurants," wrote one Yankee who ventured South.
- Seattle: "The city is nothing more than an overcaffeinated shopping mall filled with upper-middle-class white people," sniffed a Virginian.
- Sante Fe: One Los Angeleno quipped that "it feels like a cross between Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland."
- The Grand Canyon: Great—"if you are under 30 with a good prostate, balance and a taste for trail mix," wrote a visitor from Tehachapi.
- Bora-Bora: Mary from Tuhunga is haunted "to this day" by the "feral dogs" who met her upon arrival.
For more angry tourists, click the link the below.