Free flashlights or fireworks can be fun, but some ballpark gimmicks haven't worked out so well. For example:
- 10-Cent Beer Night, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, 1974. Arriving tipsy, a number of fans disrobed or otherwise behaved badly; 9 people were arrested.
- Disco Demolition Night, Comiskey Park, 1979. Fans turned their disco records into frisbees, and the explosion from the demolition ripped a huge hole in the outfield grass.
- Ball Night, Doger Stadium, 1995. Fans threw their free baseballs at inappropriate targets, including the opposing team.
- Cash Drop, Fifth Third Ballpark, 2006. When a helicopter dispensed real money, fans got competitive and small children were hurt.
- All-You-Can-Eat Seats, Dodger Stadium, 200. An open buffet of hots dogs and nachos led to widespread vomiting, but the promotion was declared a success and other ballparks want in on it.