Will any future leader wreak linguistic havoc with the creative fervor of President Bush? The Guardian bids his presidency adieu with a list of its favorite Bushisms, including:
- "I’m honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.”
- "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
- "I believe that, as quickly as possible, young cows ought to be allowed to go across our border."
- "The illiteracy of our children are appalling."
- “I heard somebody say, ‘Where’s Mandela?’ Well Mandela’s dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas.”
- "I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
- "I hear there's rumors on the internets."
- "There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead."
For more pearls of Bush wisdom, click here: