Polanski Sex Victim Seeks to Dismiss Case
Victim slams DA for putting 31-year-old case back in spotlight
By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff
Posted Jan 13, 2009 7:52 AM CST
Samantha Geimer arrives last year at the premiere of the HBO Documentary "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired" in New York.   (AP Photo/Peter Kramer)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – The woman film director Roman Polanski pleaded guilty to having sex with when she was 13 has filed court papers to have the charges dismissed, CNN reports. Samantha Geimer, now 45, made a declaration in connection with Polanski's efforts to have the case dismissed and end his 31-year exile in France. Geimer says she is "surprised and disappointed" that the case is still being pursued.

"I have dealt with the difficulties of being a victim, have surmounted, and surpassed them," said Geimer's declaration. "I have survived, indeed prevailed, against whatever harm Mr Polanski may have caused me as a child." Geimer said the district's attorney's pursuit of the case and the publicity drawn to the "lurid details" was causing her harm. She promised to appear in court to seek dismissal if Polanski could not.