With Super Bowl looming, cheap booze is probably on your radar. It's not too late to check out these bargains recommended by Esquire:
- Paul Masson Grande Amber VSOP brandy: This $13 bottle “goes down far more smoothly than anything from France in this price range could even aspire to.”
- Brugal Añejo rum: A $14 bottle that's perfect “if you want something cheap, brown, and sugarcaney to go with your cigar.”
- White Horse blended Scotch whisky: This “light but clean and barley-sweet” $15 find is great with soda or in a Rob Roy.
- Gordon’s London dry gin: A little less booze for $15 than in most other such gins, but solid in everything other than martinis.
- Evan Williams Black Label bourbon: A $12 American gem. "Any country that can turn out something this serious at this price is in some fundamental way doing OK.”